Straight seams are seen to be basic but very important to a perfect project. Nevertheless, experienced as you are, making accurate seams may be a challenging task if done by hand. In order to help you deal with this, OMC Magnetic Seam Guide was born.
OMC Magnetic Seam Guide will ensure uniform seam width thanks to its magnetic power. The magnet helps the fabric that is pulled forward by your sewing machine to stay firmly in place, giving you a solid, reliable guide for making sewing perfect seam allowances and straight lines a breeze!
Besides, this product is frequently bought together with Queen's Sewing Toolkit
or Kitty Sewing Lamp
for the best of use.
- Used on the metal throat plate of your sewing machine.
- Adjusts to any width, stays firmly in place when sewing, yet removes easily.
- Guaranteed computerized sewing machine safe. Tried and tested!
- Also used to make pleats.
- Very flexible and easy to use; fits ALL sewing machines: Singer, Baby Lock, Brother, Janome, Kenmore, Juki, Toyota, etc.
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Color: Silver
- Size: 5cm x 2cm x 0.5cm / 1.96” x 0.78” x 0.19”
- Weight: 14g / 0.5oz.
- 1 x OMC Magnetic Seam Guide
How to use:
Using the Magnetic Seam Guide is simple but requires little preparation to work perfectly for any projects.
- Simply refer to a pattern or personal preference to determine seam allowance, and then attach the seam guide to the sewing machine using the built-in seam guide measurements to determine accurate placement.
- Cut fabric according to pattern specifications, and leaving an adequate amount of material to tuck into the seams. Different fabric types may require different placement of the magnetic seam allowance, so pay careful attention to the seam allowances during the first few uses of the magnetic guide to ensure proper spacing.
- Thread the sewing machine with matching thread and prepare the fabric for sewing.
- Align the seam edge along the magnetic seam guide and start to sew.